The LEGO KidsFest is coming to the Connecticut Convention Center December 6-8, 2013. Below, you'll find helpful information for exhibitors. If you still have questions, please contact show management.
LEGO KidsFest show hours*
Friday, December 6, 2013
4 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Session I: 9 am – 1:30 pm
Session II: 3 pm – 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Session I: 9 am – 1:30 pm
Session II: 3 pm – 7:30 pm
*Please be at your booth 15 minutes before the session opens. Booth must be set up and staffed throughout all show hours.
IMPORTANT DUE DATES:
Friday, November 15:
• Insurance Certificate and signed Rules and Regulations due to Eddie Samuel [email@example.com] Note: Rules and regulations must be signed by onsite contact.
• Any additional tables, chairs, carpet and labor needs must be ordered through the decorator, Demers Exposition Services at https://demersexpo.boomerecommerce.com
• Electrical/Internet advance rates expire (See info under exhibitor services)
• Booth payment due to LEGO KidsFest
Monday, December 2:
• Internet and Telecommunication order due to PSAV.
Insurance Information for Participants
All exhibitors must secure and maintain general liability insurance in order to set up a display on-site. You will need to contact your insurance carrier and have them list LIFE Marketing & Events, LLC as the certificate holder.
A Certificate of General Liability must name:
• LIFE Marketing & Events, LLC at 106 South Street, West Hartford, CT 06110.
• be in the amount of 1,000,000/2,000,000 minimum liability coverage.
You can click here to view a sample Insurance Form (PDF)
Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
Below is a list of rules and regulations for being on-site at the LEGO KidsFest. Please be sure all staff members read through these rules and regulations. Show Management reserves the right to remove anyone not obeying the rules and regulations.
1) No sales of any kind including the acceptance of cash, credit card numbers or checks.
2) No stickers.
3) No helium balloons.
4) No glitter.
5) No music, unless approved by LIFE Marketing & Events.
6) No bags of any kind can be distributed.
7) No tips/donations may be solicited.
8) All exhibitors must stay in assigned booth and may not walk around event to solicit/market organization or business.
9) All giveaways must be pre-approved by LIFE Marketing & Events.
10) Booth must be staffed at all times throughout the weekend.
11) Booths must remain open from beginning to end of each session.
12) No outside food may be brought into the convention center. Concessions will be available throughout the weekend.
14) All booth staff must be 18 years or older.
15) Children under the age of 18 are not allowed on the show floor during load in/load out hour.
16) Show management is not responsible for lost or stolen items on the show floor. Please do not bring any unnecessary valuable personal items onto the show floor.
17) Reminder: Show management does not validate parking.
18) All aisles must be kept clear of exhibitor assets and staff.
19) If on-site storage is required advance arrangements must be made with show management.
If rules/regulations are not followed, exhibitor(s) may be asked to leave.
Requirements for exhibitors that have been approved by LIFE Marketing & Events for an on-site vehicle:
1) Battery disconnected
2) ¼ tank or less of gas
3) Gas cap locked or taped shut
4) Drip pan under vehicle
Please note: The facility, LIFE Marketing & Events and the LEGO Group are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
Exhibitors will not be allowed into the exhibit hall without a badge. Exhibitor badges will be mailed to the on-site contact at least 3 weeks before the event. Badges must be distributed to each staff member. Badges are session-specific so staff working multiple sessions will need multiple badges. Children under 18 and individuals not working the booth are not permitted to use Exhibitor Badges. Show management will not be responsible for lost badges. If staff changes occur please contact the Eddie Samuel [firstname.lastname@example.org] at 860.953.4500 x113 and show management will do its best to accommodate the change or addition.
Use the floor plan below as reference when ordering and/or setting up (PDF link).
Exhibitors should enter the event through the Exhibitor Entrance (door on the farthest-left in the bank of glass doors). Please do not use attendee entrance, you will not be able to access your booth through this entrance. To see the entrance map, click here.
STANDARD BOOTH (Demers Events & Expo Services)
Each 10x10 booth includes one 6 ft. table (topped and skirted), 2 folding chairs, 3 ft. pipe and drape side rails and an 8 ft. backdrop.
Carpet, additional tables and chairs and/or labor
To order carpet, additional tables and chairs or to schedule labor for the set-up and/or tear-down of your booth, please visit the Demers Online Ordering page.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES (Provided by the facility)
The following services are not included in a standard booth space. Please see appropriate contact information to secure these services. Download the PDF order form packet for the following:
• Internet & Telecommunications
• Booth Cleaning
• Water & Ice Exhibitor
• Food & Beverage
To take advantage of discounted rates for the above services (with the exception of internet), advance orders must be paid in full and received with payment no later than Friday, November 15, 2013. Internet orders must be placed three days before the event (December 3) to receive the discount rate.
Reference your booth number on the floor plan when ordering exhibitor services.
Important Shipping Dates:
• DIRECT SHIPMENTS: Direct shipment will only be accepted at the Connecticut Convention Center Wednesday, December 4 through Friday, December 6.
• LATE SHIPMENTS: Demers reserves the right to accept or refuse shipments arriving before or after the deadline referenced above. If accepted, exhibitor will be charged an additional $10.00 per cwt, $100.00 minimum.
Freight Shipping Address:
Connecticut Convention Center
c/o Demers Exposition Services, Inc.
100 Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06103
Shipping Forms & Labels:
• Download the Demers Exhibitor Shipping Label (PDF).
LOAD IN/LOAD OUT INFORMATION
Exhibitors must load in/out using the loading dock. Once your vehicle is unloaded, you must move your car to the any available parking area (street parking or one of the parking garages). There is no parking on the loading dock. Please be aware, show management does not pay for exhibitor parking. Loading dock is located behind the CTCC. Use this map.
Dates and Times
Exhibitors can load in on Friday, December 6, 2013 – 8:00am to 12:00pm. Your booth must be show-ready by 12:00pm.
Load out will begin at 7:45pm on Sunday, December 8, or when all attendees have exited the show floor. Please do not take down your booth before the floor is clear. You have until 11:59pm to clear your space. Items left behind will be disposed of.
1) When you arrive at the loading dock please contact Eddie Samuel at 860.840.6357. He will direct you to your booth.
2) Each exhibitor will have 20 minutes in the loading dock to unload. After 20 minutes, please then move your car to any available parking area. Please be aware, show management does not pay for exhibitor parking.
3) Exhibitors are required to bring all necessary equipment and assistance needed to load in/out (hand truck, dolly, etc.). Show management does not provide these items. For an additional cost, load in/out assistance can be contracted from the decorator Demers Expo Services. Labor can be contracted through their online ordering website.
The Connecticut Convention Center has 2,300 covered, on-site parking spaces in an attached, 8-level parking garage, plus more than 130 spaces for oversized vehicles in our surface parking lot, accessible from Columbus Boulevard. In addition, there is parking at the neighboring Connecticut Science Center, surface lots & garages throughout downtown Hartford.
Exhibitor Rate: $7 flat rate at the Front Street Garage, located across the street from the convention center.
CTCC Garage: $11 flat rate on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday morning. Friday afternoon through Sunday evening will be $9 flat rate.
Visit www.ctconventions.com for more information.
For any other questions, please contact:
TEL: 860.953.0444 x113